Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) work in residential setting assisting individuals with disabilities on daily living skills: cooking, doing laundry, feeding, help with personal care chores, light cleaning, taking individuals to appointments. Each group home has a manager, assistant manager, and skills technicians who all work as a team!
This job is great for anyone who loves working with people and taking care of them. It also gives a lot of experience if you want to be a nurse, special education teacher, social worker, psychologist or other related field - this is a great place to start your career and work your way up!
- Hands on assistance for consumers, willing to help with personal care as needed.
- Provide direct service to our consumers including support for: activities of daily living, program activities, and other assigned duties as required.
- Must treat clients with respect, kindness, and patience.
- Work with a team to ensure safety of residents at all times.
- Interact with consumers in a professional and positive manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent education
- Valid Driver's License
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in a Non-Profit Organization a plus
- Bonus Pay
- Signing Bonus
Masking is required for those who: are not fully vaccinated, are not boosted when eligible, have been granted an exemption, choose not to disclose their vaccination status. Regardless of status, daily screening is required before each work day which includes answering questions and a temperature check. Social distancing is encouraged.