We are looking for an enthusiastic, fun and detail oriented Recreation Specialist. The Recreation Specialist is responsible for supervising participants in the recreation program during various outings and activities in the community. The Recreation Specialist should be comfortable working with people with DD/ID and assists the consumers to actively participate in events, provides transportation, administers medication if applicable, and provides any other assistance or support as needed. We need the Recreation Specialist to be organized and possess a broad range of skills. They should also be comfortable working in a variety of settings, as they may be asked to participate in or oversee activities.
- Plan outdoor/indoor activities or sports for groups of consumers
- Assist in the coordination, planning, and purchasing needed for any scheduled activity.
- Lead recreational and educational activities (such caving or crafting)
- Escort and oversee consumers who are 18+
- Attend trainings that will increase general and related knowledge of developmental disabilities.
- Make sure all safety rules are followed
- Supervise and engage participants in a variety of recreational and social events.
- Keep accurate incident logs
- Provide input to the Supervisor/Recreation Program in planning community activities.
- High School Diploma or equivalent education
- Valid Driver's License
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in a Non-Profit Organization a plus
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Weekend availability
- Recreational Aide: 1 year (Preferred)
Masking is required for those who: are not fully vaccinated, are not boosted when eligible, have been granted an exemption, choose not to disclose their vaccination status. Regardless of status, daily screening is required before each work day which includes answering questions and a temperature check. Social distancing is encouraged.