The Registered Nurse reports directly to the Assistant Executive Director of the Arc Morris. The Registered Nurse supervises the provision of direct health and specialized personal care, and related services for consumers. The Registered Nurse maintains standard of best practice and ensure regulatory and licensing compliance.
- Oversees the correct dispensing of medication by checking medications, and prescriptions at each residence and at day program and conduct monthly assessments of same to ensure program compliance with all regulations
- Monitor and implement systems to collect and analyze information on consumer health and specialized personal care issue
- Recommends course of action necessary to address health care concerns as necessary.
- Maintain and implement written curriculum for direct care staff to address consumer health related issues
- Conduct agency training, including medication and other related training
- Maintain system of health-related and personal care recordkeeping for program support services department
- Assist in identifying and maintaining directory for community based health care services available to consumer
- Provide support and assist in implementing personal care procedures, consumer health needs and assessments
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
- NJ Registered Nurse (RN) licensed in the state of New Jersey
- One year experience with health-related and personal care need for individuals with developmental disabilities
- Experienced in respiratory management, Ostomy care, managing seizure disorder, catheterization, and assisted feeding techniques preferred
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Masking is required for those who: are not fully vaccinated, are not boosted when eligible, have been granted an exemption, choose not to disclose their vaccination status. Regardless of status, daily screening is required before each work day which includes answering questions and a temperature check. Social distancing is encouraged.